Racer … the Diesel
Scott is a devout cyclist. He attends church of the rotating mass. His “gearage” is stuffed with bikes of all tire widths and frame materials. For him, cycling is not about defining roadie, mountain biker, or commuter. It is not a power meter or a Strava segment. Rather, it is a lifestyle, a shaping of community and an industry. On the bike, Scott learned race craft from the peak of the Cal Poly cycling team. He has competed in nearly all cycling disciplines and raced all four Collegiate National Championships in one year. His podium count spans 20 years, but his top medal is a wedding ring met and earned literally on the bike.
Off the bike, Scott creates opportunities for others to ride. As a consultant at CountourLogic, he plans and designs trail systems. His projects range from backcountry singletracks and urban bike skills parks to teaching volunteers and leading youth corps. Previously, he worked with cycling non-profits IMBA and Bicycle Colorado. Scott served as support crew when his wife, Lisse, climbed the podium in several pro-class 24-hour solo MTB races. He turned wrenches for the record-breaking 2015 tandem RAAM team.
Now, for this crossing of the USA, Scott will trade his mechanic apron for a racing number while we attempt to break another RAAM record. Scott will dust-off the trainer, race-tune his legs and bring 25 years cycling experience to the squad.
Don’t call it a come back … okay, fair, call it a come back!
• 2015 – 4th Xterra Buffalo Creek Triathlon – Masters
• 2014 – 1st Rocky Mountain Cyclocross Championship – Masters 3
• 2014 – 1st Colorado State Cyclocross Championship – Masters 3
• 2009 – 20th Breck Epic MTB Stage Race – Pro-Am
• 2008 – 2nd National MTB cross country Championship – Cat 1
• 2000 – Named “Rider of the Year” Cal Poly Cycling Team
• 2000 – 12th NCCA Road National Championships
• 2000 – 3rd West Coast Collegiate Road Season Omnium
• 1999 – 1st West Coast Collegiate MTB Season Omnium
“Attitude distinguishes Adventure from Ordeal.”