Racer … the Hammer
For Ben, riding has become a getaway, sanctuary, and a great outlet of energy. Cycling and bikes have become more of an obsession and passion rather than a fascination. Much beauty exists in details that often go unnoticed. Finding them, figuratively and literally, on a bike has given Ben a greater appreciation for the magnificence that is life. The beauty of riding, it individually brings people together and takes them to new limits, via the scenic route!
With the first words of “water bottle” and early memories of being in a van headed to watch family and friends race on the weekends, Ben’s parents had done it right. This early introduction to the sport provided a gateway to unlimited freedom. It would eventually provide euphoric feeling that always gives a joy, that for those whom ride undoubtedly understands.
To balance life, Ben is currently finishing his Doctor of Physical Therapy at the New York Institute of Technology with an expected graduation date of May 2016. Other interests include Strength and Conditioning, exercise physiology, sport psychology, hunting, fishing, and family.
Ben has had the pleasure and honor of both wrenching and racing US National Championship events, crewing for the 2015 Mixed 50+ Tandem record setting team, and taking part in races and charity rides across the US. The bike created these opportunities to see the nation and meet like-minded people.
• 2016 Colorado State TT championships Tandem 4th
• 2015 Billings Omnium Championship: General Classification 2nd
– Time Trial 1st
• 2013 USA Amateur & Para Road Nationals: Road Race 9th
• 2013 USA Amateur & Para Road Nationals: Time Trial 10th
• 2012 Tour de Bozeman: General Classification 1st
– Time Trial 1st
– Road Race 1St
• 2012 Wyoming State Road Race Championship: 1st
• 2012 Dead Dog Stage Race: General Classification 1st
– Wyoming State Time Trial Championship: 1st
– Wyoming State Criterium Championship: 1st
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein